VenaSeal™ Closure System Indications for Use (IFU – U.S. Only)
Home Page References:
1. Morrison, N. Use of Cyanoacrylate adhesive for Treatment of Incompetent Great Saphenous Veins: 12-month Results of the VeClose Trial, European Venous Forum, 2015.
2. Almeida JI, Kaufman J, Goekeritz O, et al. Radiofrequency Endovenous ClosureFAST versus Laser Ablation for the Treatment of Great Saphenous Reflux: A Multicenter, Single-Blinded, Randomized Study (Recovery Study). JVIR June 2009.
3. Proebstle TM, Alm J, Dimitri S et al. The European multicenter cohort study on cyanoacrylate embolization of refluxing great saphenous veins. J Vasc Surg Venous and Lymphat Disord.
4. Proebstle, T. ClosureFast Long-Term European Multi-Center Study in Patients with Chronic Venous Insufficiency. American College of Phlebology 26th Annual Congress, 2012.
5. Almeida JI, Javier JJ, Mackay EG, Bautista C, Proebstle TM. First human use of cyanoacrylate adhesive for treatment of saphenous vein incompetence. J Vasc Surg Venous and Lymphat Disord. 2013;1(2):174-80.
6. Almeida JI, Javier JJ, Mackay EG, Bautista C, Cher DJ, Proebstle TM. Two-year follow-up of first human use of cyanoacrylate adhesive for treatment of saphenous vein incompetence. Phlebology / Venous Forum of the Royal Society of Medicine, 2014.
7. Proebstle T, Alm J, Gockeritz O, et al. Three year European follow-up endovenous radiofrequency thermal ablation of the great saphenous vein with or without treatment of calf varicosities. J Vasc Surg. 2011;54(1)146-52.
8. L.H. Rasmussen, M. Lawaetz, L. Bjoern, B. Vennits, A. Blemings and B. Eklof, Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing Endovenous Laser Ablation, Radiofrequency Ablation, Foam Sclerotherapy and Surgical Stripping for Great Saphenous Varicose Veins. British Journal of Surgery Society Ltd., Wiley Online Library, www.bjs.co.uk, March 15, 2011.
9. Morrison N, Gibson K, McEnroe S, Goldman M, King t, Weiss R, Cher D, Jones A. Randomized trial comparing cyanoacrylate embolization and radiofrequency ablation for incompetent great saphenous veins (VeClose). Journal of Vascular Surgery.
10. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence 2013. Varicose veins in the legs: The diagnosis and management of varicose veins. Clinical guideline: Methods, evidence and recommendations July 2013, pg 36.
11. C.J. Evans, F.G.R. Fowkes, C.V. Ruckley and A.J. Lee. Prevalence of varicose veins and chronic venous insufficiency in men and women in the general population – Edinburgh Vein Study.
12. E. Rabe, F. Pannier. Incidence of Varicose Veins, Chronic Venous Insufficiency, and Progression of the Disease in the bonn Vein Study II.