Introduce your Patients to Relief
The ClosureFast™ procedure utilizes segmental radiofrequency ablation to deliver uniform heat to close the vein. Once sealed, blood is directed to nearby healthy veins. The ClosureFast™ procedure has been rigorously tested and proven across multiple studies1,2 and patients.
The VenaSeal™ closure system is a non-tumescent, non-thermal, non-sclerosant procedure that uses a proprietary medical adhesive delivered endovenously to close the vein. The VenaSeal™ closure system was shown to be effective in three clinical studies, with demonstrated safety and high closure rates.3-7
To learn more about these therapies, please visit the ClosureFast™ procedure and VenaSeal™ closure system links on the left side of this page.
1. Proebstle TM, Alm BJ, Gockeritz O et al. Five-year results from the prospective European multicentre cohort study on radiofrequency segmental thermal ablation for incompetent great saphenous veins. British Journal of Surgery. 2015;102:212-8.
2. Proebstle T, Alm J, Gockeritz O, et al. Three year European follow-up endovenous radiofrequency thermal ablation of the great saphenous vein with or without treatment of calf varicosities. J Vasc Surg. 2011;54(1)146-52.
3. Almeida JI, Javier JJ, Mackay EG, Bautista C, Proebstle TM. First human use of cyanoacrylate adhesive for treatment of saphenous vein incompetence. J Vasc Surg Venous and Lymphat Disord. 2013;1(2):174-80.
4. Morrison, N. Use of Cyanoacrylate adhesive for Treatment of Incompetent Great Saphenous Veins: 12-month Results of the VeClose Trial, European Venous Forum, 2015.
5. Almeida JI, Javier JJ, Mackay EG, Bautista C, Cher DJ, Proebstle TM. Two-year follow-up of first human use of cyanoacrylate adhesive for treatment of saphenous vein incompetence. Phlebology / Venous Forum of the Royal Society of Medicine, 2014.
6. Proebstle TM, Alm J, Dimitri S et al. The European multicenter cohort study on cyanoacrylate embolization of refluxing great saphenous veins. J Vasc Surg Venous and Lymphat Disord.
7. Morrison N, Gibson K, McEnroe S, Goldman M, King T, Weiss R, Cher D, Jones A. Randomized trial comparing cyanoacrylate embolization and radio frequency ablation for incompetent great saphenous veins (VeClose). J Vasc Surg.